[Spridgets] Pedal Goes to the Floor

To: kevinv1275@gmail.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Pedal Goes to the Floor
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:36:48 -0700
Kevin,

I had what sounds like a similar problem?  Although I had to pump a lot more
to get anything from my brake pedal than what you describe. .  so it might
be a different issue?

It turned out that the rubber type plunger that forms a barrier to the fluid
in my master cyl had hardened from sitting with no fluid on it for a period
of time.

And it did not take much for it to harden due to not having fluid around
it.

Inspecting it, it looked normal.  So I reversed it and I  then had the
problem with my clutch with my brake pedal coming back to life again.

Upon replacement with a new one everything was fine again.

The thing that threw me was how normal it looked.  At first I could not
believe that it was not holding pressure back.

It was a learning experience to say the least. .  ie. how sensitive this
part is (shaped like a rubber hat).

Kirk
59 1275

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html