Re: [Spridgets] coffee

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] coffee
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:45:20 -0700
I've also been doing this for many years.
With my health issues I can't drink much coffee so when I do drink coffee I
want the best.
For someone who likes coffee as much as I do that does not equal Starbucks.
My daily cup is a pour over I do here at my desk using filtered hot water
and a coffee I buy at Costco.
It's the San Francisco Bay Certified Organic Rainforest Blend Shade Grown
Arabica.
It's a rich french roast whole bean coffee. I don't buy it only because it's
a killer deal at $13 for 3 pounds, it's also just plain better tasting than
the other stuff out there.
For green coffee I've been a Sweet Maria's customer for a long time, I have
some very interesting beans in my drawer.
My roaster is the Fresh Roast and it's the old model - no digital controls.
Takes about 5 minutes to roast up a batch that's just right for my cup or
two of really great coffee.
You can do it with an air popper or a heat gun but having a roaster is nice.
Just Google "fresh roast coffee roaster".
Hopefully their new models are as good as or better than the one I've got.
The company is good for service as well, recently a friend borrowed my
roaster and the glass part got broken.
I looked up the company web site, they offer to replace the glass if you
send in your roasting basket for only $12.
So I emailed and asked if they would just send me the glass for the $12 and
they obliged right away.
I received it within a few days.

Rick (mmm... coffee) Bastedo

From: Gregory Groiss <ggroiss@gmail.com>

David,

I also roast my own coffee (for drip and espresso).  Where are you
buying your greens?  I've been buying from Sweet Maria's because they
have a very nice selection and I really like some of their espresso
blends.  I started out roasting with a stainless steel dog bowl and a
heat gun (it really works).  I now have a Behmor 1600 roaster that I
love.

Happy roasting,

Greg

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html