Re: [Spridgets] Soap Box: This Is Not From Nigeria!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Soap Box: This Is Not From Nigeria!
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:39:13 -0500
We need to ensure John's safe trip, so he can make it to Elkhart Lake
for the 50th in time. His racecar is very nice, and with a better
driver, could be fast....

     oooh    did I say that out loud?

Love ya John.  Keep up the GOOD work.

PPP
-----------------------
At 10:52 AM 4/20/2011, Deikis, John G wrote:
>Friends,
>
>I am getting ready to take a "sabbatical" from the world of paid work.
>As some of you know, the first project in this new phase of life is to
>drive my '52  MG TD across the country on the Rallye to Reno. This will
>follow U.S. Rte 50 across from Ocean City, MD to San Francisco with a
>stop at the 2011 MG International meet in Reno. Arguably, this is not a
>car most people would want to cross the mountains and deserts of the
>west with- hence a huge amount of preparation is required.
>
>  I wanted this adventure to mean something, so I searched for a
>non-profit that could benefit from my efforts and from the support of
>people I know. Being a cancer survivor myself, I know the devastating
>effects on kids caused by current conventional therapies. The
>organization CURE Childhood Cancer is dedicated to the development of
>"targeted therapies" that focus only on cancer cells and do not harm
>surrounding tissue.
>
>  My goal is to raise both money for pediatric cancer research and also
>to promote awareness. Since starting my campaign, CURE has been
>designated this year's charitable beneficiary by the organizers of the
>MG International. I'm thrilled with this and hope to enlist your
>support.
>
>You can follow along as I struggle with 59-year old engineering and
>eventually set-off across the country by visiting my blog at
>www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com <http://www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com> .
>
>Cheers!
>
>John
>
>p.s.: If you would like to be notified as my blog is updated, just send
>me an email at johnsfolly@gmail.com <mailto:johnsfolly@gmail.com>  and
>I'll put you on my "list."

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75