[Spridgets] On Topic - Guns

Subject: [Spridgets] On Topic - Guns
From: corvallis at peoplepc.com (corvallis at peoplepc.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 17:18:47 -0700
From: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Michael MacLean
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 5:13 PM
To: spridgets at autox.team.net

I am trying to refinish a wood stock for an Enfield No 5 Jungle Carbine.
Does
anyone have a source of complete dis-assembly instructions?  I have had this
gun since 1986 when I bought it for $99 in a well known Southern California
Military surplus gun dealer.  It was loaded with cosmoline when I got it
which
I have long since cleaned away.  The stock "bleeds" oil when left in the
sun.
Probably from overzealous lubricating by novice military handlers in years
past.  I was told years ago "Oven Off" paste will draw out the oil from the
stock after repeated applications so I can sand and fill it before staining.

Type of stain recommendations?  Anyone with experience in this area?  I went
out into the garage to pull it from the safe today, which is right in front
of
where the Bugeye is parked. (obligitory LBC content).

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 Heritage Springer
numerous surplus military rifles and handguns
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: