Re: [Spridgets] Renewable energy (here I go,

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Renewable energy (here I go,
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 07:26:10 +0100
Lotus Cars have a very nice system where they can make a car engine sound
virtually like any other and regularly have fun giving a low powered car the
engine note of a V8 to journalists who think they have been given a monster
to drive.  The original idea was to cancel or greatly reduce engine noise
using sound technology but this was an amusing offshoot,  They have already
produced EV (electric vehicle) sound systems and the Regulatory body of the
EU are talking about having a law that says sound must be produced.
However, if you had an EV would you want it making noises at you all day?
Teach pedestrians to live on footpaths and if they want to use the road
(except at crossing points) learn to live with injuries.

One of my drawbacks to EVs is living near the top of a hill and returning
home would need a good level of charge at the end of the day.  I really
don't think it would work too well for me with the limited range of today's
EVs.

Guy R Day