[Spridgets] Diesel Fuel Pump NO LBC

To: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Diesel Fuel Pump NO LBC
From: "Mark Endicott" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:36:26 -0500
I have a 16 gallon Diesel fuel tank on my boat that needs to be pumped out.
It is about half full of old Diesel Fuel and probably water and other "gunk".
It is in an area that is difficult to get access to so I though I would pump
it out through the deck mounted filler pipe which is a straight shot to the
bottom of the tank.  I have a few spare cube type 12 volt pumps laying around,
think it would be safe to rig one up to empty the tank without going boom??
Will these pumps self prime?  Anybody have an idea what the lift capability
is?  I need it to lift about three feet.

Thanks
Mark
Nashville

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html