Re: [Spridgets] $1,500 lbs of Rust for $500.

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>, derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] $1,500 lbs of Rust for $500.
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 17:53:24 -0700 (PDT)
With all the Sprite literature out there, I don't recall any period references
to a boot lid prototype.  If this was a Healey works job from the  Cape, why
would it have made its way to the U.S. rather than remaining in the U.K?  It
does look like something professionally done and I wonder if it was something
commissioned by Hambro in the U.S.?  It really is a mystery, but even if it's
a rare factory modification, it sure screws up the lines of the Bugeye boot
and wouldn't be something I'd pay a premium for.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo