Re: [Spridgets] Factory Mk II Tonneau for Sale $25.00

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Factory Mk II Tonneau for Sale $25.00
From: Jay <jfishbein@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 05:04:05 -0700 (PDT)
I haven't used this product since 1993 but it was first class back then

Surflex by Color-Plus

At the time, I got the lead from a respected Big Healey restoration shop that
used it to refurbish original Healey seats. It can be used on Leather or Vinyl.
I needed it to color the door rope on my Pink Car since for some reason wasn't
available in pink/coral.

It's an interesting product as it's as thin as water, but covers effectively in
2-3 easy to apply coats.

A little goes a long way.

http://www.colorplus.com

I have also used shoe coloring available at a shoemaker/shoe repair (Remember
those places?) which come in almost any color and are often used to change the
color of dancer's shoes. Some people are lovers and not dancers, but the
recommendation still applies.

Other than that, you could experiment with one of the vinyl sprays, such as VHT
or the like. I have no experience with those. Since our generation did it's
share of experimentation, at this late date, I would recommend a mask. Nothing
personal, I'm speaking for protection of your lungs.
http://www.vhtpaint.com/vinyldye.html

And as always, thanks for your purchase.

jay