[Spridgets] Frank . Engine Pull

To: grunthaner@gmail.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Frank . Engine Pull
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 13:52:12 -0700
>From what Frank told me a long while ago when I had to pull my engine due to
a throwout bearing issue.

Frank instructed to leave the hood on the car, raising it up as far as I
could (as he said that getting the hood back on ..  if I took it off . . was
a hassle).

So I tied the front of the hood up to a bike hanging type hook that I
installed into a stud in my garage ceiling . . and with the side props off,
I was able to get it up fairly high leaving room to pull the lump.

And yes.  . I do have the email where he told me to pull the entire lump . .
which I did.

It seemed to be easier for me to re-align the gear box to the engine with
the engine sitting on a stand.

Getting it all to go back in I cut a slot on one of the engine mounts (left
side mount) so that the two bolts would slide in. . made it MUCH easier to
get the engine back in the car.  I also cut a small rectangle under the prop
shaft in order to line the shaft into the back of the gear box.   From what
I have been told, no penalty involved to the structure of the car.

Kirk

59 1275

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75