[Spridgets] Electric Vehicles.

Subject: [Spridgets] Electric Vehicles.
From: an5.sprite at gmail.com (Steven Guterman)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 08:47:57 -0400
derf,

The conspiracy is that we have a lower price for gasoline than most of the
other developed countries.  When gas was $2-$3 bucks a gallon we did not
give a S__T about how poor the gas millage was in our cars. This was at the
individual level buying big heavy cars and the government level that did not
force increases in fuel economy.

In Europe gas or diesel costs 1.5 to 2 times as much and European earn less
on average then we do.  They demand higher efficiency so they can drive
around and not bankrupt their savings or economy.

Regrettably the only time this gets press is when gas prices go over $4
bucks a gallon.   When oil was $15 a barrel in early 2000s we should have
added loads of taxes to fuel to stop everyone form wasting.  Hindsight is
20/20.

Steve