[Spridgets] Radiator Caps

Subject: [Spridgets] Radiator Caps
From: crusaderchuck at yahoo.com (charles christ)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 06:33:24 -0700 (PDT)
for a long time the tall neck type rad. cap was not available.  common
practice
was to take a rad neck from a chevy or ford or any other domestic
car and swap
the neck for a 3/4" type cap so you could easily purchase a darn
cap.   saab ,
mg , healey even jap cars like datsun's had tall neck caps
fitted when new.  you
have been blessed with some prior owner upgrading your
rad.   go to any parts
store and ask for a 7lb cap and yer going to have the
fix for the problem as
well as the answer to the how and why this is like it
is.

chuck.
i was buying datsun roadster (1600 / 2000) caps for my bugeye