[Spridgets] Paris Driving

Subject: [Spridgets] Paris Driving
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:54:46 -0700
Nope.  . didn't drive in Paris or France.  . just got miserably lost one
night walking back from a Paris jazz club . . got back after 1 AM.  And
although hats off to my wife for being a big help on the trip . . she was
determined that night to walk opposite the direction of our hotel room . .
determined.  So rather than argue about it I told her, "Ok, we will walk
your direction until you finally realize that we are going the wrong way."
That was a mistake as it led to a miserable lost situation until we found a
French police officer who, able to speak clear English and knowing the
streets, was able to steer us back to the right direction.   The Paris
streets after midnight, some of them, kind of scary.

I actually did not see any "Tin Snails" as they have been called.  The
majority of the cars were not that old either.   We did see a ton of motor
scooters, some with bigger bore engines and many had a cover, attached to
the front that would flip over the rider's legs for warmth.  Also, several
three wheeled scooters with the two small wheels in the front and are
designed to allow the thing to lean in the corners . . very popular over
there.  More crotch rockets in the UK shooting around London traffic.

A strange thing for me was seeing several white Honda Gold WIngs, latter
year models being used as single person taxi's just outside of the area
where you get to street level in Paris after getting off the bullet train.

We only saw a very few LBC's of our interest in England . . all being Mini's
except for one Morris Minor.  I did spot a couple or so newer  "MG's" . . I
forget where they are made these days?  India or China or they have Chinese
engines, something like that.  . I forget?

Kirk