[Spridgets] Wine Country Classic Sonoma Infineon Raceway

Subject: [Spridgets] Wine Country Classic Sonoma Infineon Raceway
From: WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com (WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 14:26:08 -0400 (EDT)
Me neither though I worked Saturdays (I was still at school) at a garage
that had the fastest XK Jag in the UK and I don't think they claimed 400bhp
for  it.

You can get some really big valves in the XK head, a lot of portwork and
high dome pistons, and a really radical cam and not have have 400bhp.  The
XK engine never really revs so I guess you gain more mid range power / a flat
 plateau power band and torque.  Most racing XK engines run triple  DCOEs.

In the UK I've yet to see a Cobra do well at the race track and I've never
understand why they aren't quicker.

Weslake-Monza 1330