[Spridgets] Re Wind energy again!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Re Wind energy again!!
From: Kurt Appley <kmappley@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:02:22 -0500
I've been trying to avoid getting into this but just can't seem to!
The main reason we have these big wind farms is so that people that drive by
can get a warm fuzzy feeling that we are actually doing something positive
about our energy future!
Don't get me wrong---I'm in favor of wind energy but the real power [and
problem!] is with the big energy companies.
Of the many renewable forms of energy, wind isn't that great since it
seldom blows at cost effective rates.
Pete hit on the main problem though.
Big energy taking out the small municipal power dams nation wide!!!
Big energy got that way by being subsidised and with sweetheart deals.
Making power in huge power plants and shipping it across the country with up
to 50% transmission loss only makes sense if you are the big company that is
benefiting from it.
Put the true costs on big energy and there will be lots more renewables.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums