Re: [Spridgets] Moss Fan Kit

To: Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Moss Fan Kit
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 13:36:35 -0700
Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification on radiator types.  .

My radiator from the Suzuki does hit the underside of the bonnet . . the cap
hits it just a bit.  I was able to angle it back enough so that this is not
a problem. .  but it might be that the radiator I am using is more like one
from a manual gear box car.  . and the Swift was also a manual car.

I have been so happy with the way it runs so cool all the time.  And it is
not any bigger than the stock radiator in terms of rows . . or size?  So it
eludes me as to why it is so much more efficient?

Kirk

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275@gmail.com>wrote:

> That was supposed to read, "2 early 70s cars" Not "2 LATE 70s cars"
>
> Also,  the automatic transmission radiator has 2 fittings on the bottom
> where the transmission lines attach. (easy way to tell the difference when
> the radiator is out of the car).
>
> Kevin
>

> On Jun 3, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Kevin Valentine wrote:
>

> Guys,
>
> It needs to be the rad from the automatic tranny.  The manual tranny is too
> tall and will interfere with the bonnet in both the Bugeye and later
> Spridgets.
>
> I have converted this radiator into 4 different cars it works :)  1 Bugeye,
>   2 late 70s cars and a 68 Midget.  I have NOT tried this in a 1500 RB
>
> Kevin V.
> Tuscarora, Pa

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75