[Spridgets] Lancaster

To: kgrowler@gmail.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Lancaster
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:08:25 -0700
A few years ago two WWII bombers flew into our town . . one a B-17.  It cost
me $400.0 to go up in it. . but it was well worth it.  Once up in the air
they allowed you to walk through the plane and sit at the various places,
radio operator (my father in WWII) and where the bombardier sat lining up
the sights and controlling the speed of the aircraft.  My father was also a
tail gunner and got shot down in the Pacific.  He spent a couple of days on
an inflatable raft.  They did have the tail gunner area closed off . as well
as the ball turret.  .but the rest of the craft was wide open for
exploration.

Here is a cool video on the Lancaster. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw13h-MmnVs

Kirk

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75