[Spridgets] Clutch problem re-visited

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Clutch problem re-visited
From: Steven Guterman <an5.sprite@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 09:29:30 -0400
Sorry if you get this twice, first email did not seem to get posted.

I am now completely baffled.After reading all the suggestions, I was
convinced the problem with the 1st motion shaft not stopping was most likely
the release bushing failing prematurely or possibly still the pilot
bushing.  I went to start removing the engine and tranny since fixing either
one requires taking it apart.

But just before I started to turn wrenches, I started the car and all is now
working just fine. I can get into both reverse and forward with NO crunching
so nothing is spinning while idling. Other gears move in and out like
butter.

No strange noises.  This would be great, except I hate not knowing what is
about to give me trouble.

I have not yet let it get fully warm yet, still want to crawl under and look
inside the bell housing through the clutch fork opening. The problem only
happened last time after driving about 20 minutes.

Anybody have any ideas on what to check?  I can remove the rubber plug from
the top of the tranny but do not know what i will be able to see due to the
battery shelf right on top.

Thanks

Steve

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html