Re: [Spridgets] 66 Sprite Brake bleeding Part 2

To: <lindalnhvt@nhvt.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 66 Sprite Brake bleeding Part 2
From: "Jim Seippel" <aseippel@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:26:30 -0500
Make sure you have free play between the push rod and the piston of the
master cylinder. If there is no free play, the piston could be held slightly
depressed.  The seals on the piston will cover up the port to the reservoir.
The result is the passage from the reservoir is closed so no fluid is
getting into the brake system. It doesn't take much free play, but there has
to be some.

Second choice is the piston is not returning all of the way possibly because
the cylinder was assembled dry. He results are the same.

When you start bleeding the system, try bleeding from the port out of master
cylinder by loosening the line. This will get fluid started through the
master cylinder. Once you get fluid to bleed there, then tighten the line
and bleed normally.

Jim