[Spridgets] Wind energy again

Subject: [Spridgets] Wind energy again
From: rbastedo at gmail.com (Rick Bastedo)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:55:07 -0700
In my experience, especially at any public building that really has to stick
to the 'code' and the law, it seems to take 2 or 3 flushes to get the job
done.
How in the world does this "save" anything? There are separate urinals
generally in at least half the bathrooms so this only applies to the throne
where there's usually more than a little liquid in question.
At 2 gallons it used to take one pull of the handle, at 1.28 or 1.6 gallons
times 2 or 3 flushes it's definitely not doing what was intended. Maybe it
averages out, I couldn't say.
It just seems like another knee jerk regulation that sounded good when it
was adopted but is possibly doing more harm than good in the long run.

The problem IMHO is bureaucracy, not bringing any one ideology into focus
here just the bureaucrats who seem to go straight from college to government
with no life experience getting in their way.
They are bureaucrats because they want to make a difference (many of them
have the best intentions) and they think the best way to do that is to write
and push regulations that will "make a real change"...
Many of them seem to have no real political ideology - they just want to
"help" us by telling us how much water we can use per flush, how many sheets
of TP we can use to wipe, how long the water in the sink can run to wash our
hands, what kind of soap can be in the dispensers, what kind of light bulbs
we can use to be able to see, how much ethanol we have to have in our gas,
what kind of paint we can use to paint our cars, the list goes on and on.
Regulations to control pollutants can cause other types of pollution? Who
woulda thunk? Oh wait, they could ask chemists and engineers what the effect
of their meddling might be before putting it into law?
The people in these positions persist through election cycles, they are the
basis of our government personnel infrastructure and "we couldn't get by
without them".
Apparently.

Ever see the movie "Brazil"? Tuttle? Buttle? What's the difference?
"We're all in  this together kid"

I think some of the ill feeling towards any one side or the other
ideologically is actually caused by the nameless, faceless bureaucrats who
are actually instigating the changes that make us angry.
Having no real connection to the party that's in power this can and does
happen all the time, so we always look at the people we think are in power
(the figureheads) as being the culprits when it's the minions who are
actually in charge.
Talk about term limits? I want limits on the bureaucrats!

Rick Bastedo

__________________________________
From: Bug Eye <a61bugeye at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Wind energy again

Our government mandated smaller toilets that flush with 1.6 gallons of
water.
The first ones didnb t work well and were always plugging and now some sewer
districts are having problems with not having enough water in the pipes to
wash
the solids down. Some of the conservation plans arenb t very thought
out.

Bill W