[Spridgets] Toilet Energy, No LBC

Subject: [Spridgets] Toilet Energy, No LBC
From: derf247 at gmail.com (derf)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 11:26:49 -0500
On older toilet tanks you could adjust the float level and control the
amount of water that fills the tank.  Instead of letting people adjust
their own tanks (personal responsibility) the government feels the
need to mandate such things.    Water here is good and cheap.   Down
the road in New Orleans water tastes terrible (drawn from river
instead of Artesian wells).
I can understand that there are places where there are too many people
and not enough good water but I would prefer to pay for what I use and
use what I want.  The water eventually gets recycled anyway.  Flushing
2 gallons instead of 1 gallon is fine with me if it does the job and I
pay for the water.  I might install a more efficient toilet but I
would not want to sacrifice performance.  The appeal to me would be
that I pay less for water.  But, if it doesn't work well then there is
no appeal to me.  I don't think the government should mandate things
that do not work as well.