[Spridgets] Starter Brush Springs Needed

Subject: [Spridgets] Starter Brush Springs Needed
From: lbc77mg at gmail.com (Allen Hefner)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 10:08:40 -0400
You should be able to find a spring that will work.  It's only a spring and
they are available in all sorts of sizes.
See http://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html
I would ask at a decent auto supply store and take the good spring with
you.  Make sure to replace them both.

You could buy a rebuilt starter, use the spring, and throw the rest
away...well, maybe that's not such a good idea.

We have a starter/generator/alternator shop in Jenkintown, PA that is
totally old school.  He has an antique test bench that he still uses.  Lots
of big gauges mounted on a beautiful sheet of hardwood.  He rebuilt a
starter for me once, that was SOOOO much better than the rebuilt I bought
from one of the usual sources...that didn't work.

 Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*
2006 Chebbie