[Spridgets] Tires

Subject: [Spridgets] Tires
From: heard at datatrontech.net (Heard Saxon)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:11:15 -0400
In trying to order Sumitomo tires, it seems I cannot get any that are fresh.
The HTR 200 are discontinued.  The HTR 4 seem like a good choice but what
I'm getting from Tire Rack and a few others is that the manufacture dates
will be around 2009 or so.  They claim, as do others in the industry that
these are stored in climate controlled warehouses and should not be a worry,
but I'm not sure I buy it.   Sumitomo says their warranty is good from 6
years from date of manufacture or 5 years from date of purchase, whichever
is longer.  So this may lend some credibility to the argument.

I do think it may be difficult to get fresh tires on these low demand sizes,
though.  I know I'll probably never put enough miles on the tires to wear
them out before they rot from age.

What do you think and who makes a 13" tire that is suitable and fresh?

Thanks,
Heard