[Spridgets] I'm back!

Subject: [Spridgets] I'm back!
From: abcoz at hky.com (Bud Osbourne)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:32:37 -0400
My new computer managed to knock me off the List, a couple of months ago and
I finally got back on last night.

Upon arriving at Carlisle, a few weeks ago, I was shocked and deeply
saddened to learn of Frank's passing.

On the brighter side, I finally got my Midget out of hibernation, a week
ago, and took it for a long day of mountain road driving, stopping at
Indiana, PA to have the new Prestige top installed.  My upholstery guy was
impressed with the quality of the top and I'm delighted with the way it
fits, and with the zip-out rear window feature.

All I did to the Midget was a quick oil change and fluid level check before
setting out, last Friday.  As is traditional for that car, it never skipped
a beat and was a total hoot to drive.  I really screwed-up one of my knees
earlier this spring, and getting in and out of a Midget, with the top up, is
no longer something I do with ease.  But, it's something I'll gladly deal
with in order to drive Spridgets for at least a few more years (I hope).
Hey, next week (assuming I can find time away from work), the new top will
have been sufficiently stretched that I can put the top down, where I hope
it will stay until early November, making getting in and out almost as easy
as it was when I was young, dumb and immortal.

Bud Osbourne