[Spridgets] oh dear how sad NLBC except the lucas instruments content

Subject: [Spridgets] oh dear how sad NLBC except the lucas instruments content
From: kgrowler at gmail.com (Kim Tonry)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:22:29 -0500
This happened about 20 miles west of my home. The airport it took off from
often hosts vintage aircraft and I see them fly over the house. It's a shame
about the plane, but the pilot deserves high praise for getting everyone off
the plane safely and not hitting anything of consequence bringing her down.

Certainly have to agree on the Lancaster. One of my friends in our local MG
club was fortunate enough to get a flight a few years back on the Canadian
Lancaster, which is the only other airworthy one in the world aside from the
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight one. His father flew on a Lancaster during
the war and he's former RAF himself, so it was a pretty emotional experience
for him.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, U.S.A.

Alan East-Jones said <<<This is sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13764898

I hope us Brits don't do the same with our Lancaster
Alan
Warwick UK>>>