[Spridgets] Devils Tower - Close Encounters Drive In?

Subject: [Spridgets] Devils Tower - Close Encounters Drive In?
From: rich_ball at mindspring.com (Richard Ball)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:36:32 -0700
Hey Rick,

I was the one that told you about that.  Just outside the gates of Devils
Tower National Monument is the Devils Tower KOA.  Every night at dusk they
show the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind on the back wall of the
campground office.  You just pull up your camp chair, crack open your
favorite beverage and watch the movie in the shadow of the tower.  It's kind
of an eerie feeling to be watching the movie and to look over your right
shoulder and see the tower looming up over you.  While I recommend a stop
there to anyone driving through Northeastern Wyoming it would add an extra
hour of driving to you planned stop in Gillett for your second night out.

Of course if you did that it would shorten you next day so you could add the
driving loop through Badlands National Park.  Talk about your photo op
location.  Badlands National park is another place I would recommend to
anyone traveling through South Dakota on I-90.  The turn off for the Park is
at Wall SD so you might as well stop by Wall Drugs and be a tourist.  You
can't miss it; they have signs along I-90 for Hundreds of miles.

http://www.devilstowerkoa.com/info.html
http://www.nps.gov/badl/index.htm
http://www.walldrug.com/

Damn I wish we were still going!