Re: [Spridgets] 948 With A Bad Smoking Problem

To: Jim Seippel <aseippel@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 948 With A Bad Smoking Problem
From: Gregory Groiss <ggroiss@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 13:21:33 -0400
One of the issues with doing the pings is figuring out what pistons
are in the car.  They are flat top pistons that just have 0.02 and an
"v" shaped arrow mark at the edge of the piston pointing towards the
front of the engine. He has no idea if they are 3, 4 or 5 ring.  Even
if the pistons are pulled and we know how many rings they have is
there any way to figure out what rings will fit correctly? Oh, and a
ring job can be done in a 948 without removing the engine right
(fingers crossed)?

Greg

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75