Re: [Spridgets] Gas Tank?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gas Tank?
From: Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:07:06 -0500
Great idea Jim!

That's why you fill it completely to overflowing and rinse, several
times for piece of mind.  I did it in the backyard after rinsing 3
times.   I really like Jim's idea of baking soda and vinegar.

  Find the driveway of a neighbor you don't like and use it.  Chris,
bring it down to my house.  I have 5 acres with nearest house 80 yards
away.   ;-)

Dave W.

Dave W.

On 7/26/2011 11:45 PM, Jim Seippel wrote:
> Solder fuel tanks, don't weld them. Do not use an open flame. I put baking
> soda and vinegar in a fuel tank after I  wash it out. It fills the tank with
> CO2. That leaves the tank with no oxygen to support combustion.
>
> When I was much younger, I brazed up a hole in a 2 month old XKE fuel tank.
> I used the baking soda and vinegar trick. Sure did clear out the shop. :-)
> Soldering is MUCH safer.
> Jim

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75