[Spridgets] Great Midget50 Event!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Great Midget50 Event!
From: Bruce Hamper <brucehamper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:00:04 -0500
Thanks to all the voluteers and Presidents for a great Midget 50 event!  I
finally got signed up for the spridgets list and can see what I've been
missing.  This is the best diversion I've come accross in a long time!  I
hope I can add a few useful comments now and then.  The blue 69 Sprite got
me back home; the only mishap being a flat tire in Chicago.  Friday morning
I missed the rain in Wisconsin, but got caught in a downpour on Chicago's
north side.  The rear driverside tire decided to go flat at the California
and Diversey exit in North city.  It's amazing how far you can travel at 50
mph with a flat tire. I put the spare on in the Popeye's chicken parking
lot.  Got a visit from Chicago's uniformed men in blue, but once they
realized that I wasn't stealing the tires they let me go.  Changing a tire
is a spectator sport in Chicago - got lots of cheer's.
1000 miles - lots of driving fun and home at last.  Wish it was as cool as
Wisconsin; St. Louis is HOT.
Bruce Hamper
69 AH Sprite
59 AH Bugeye (in boxes)