Re: [Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!

To: "Jay" <jfishbein@snet.net>, spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!
From: "Andrew Payne" <andrewpayne@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 03:17:29 +0000
Clearly, just buying a new car is the most logical choice. This project has
some history. I owned this car when I was in high school, I've rolled it, I've
"restored" it once. I sold it, I went to see a car, it was my old one, and I
bought it back for the same price I sold it for. Unfortunately, I realized too
late that the car is largely rust and Great Stuff insulation.
So for ignorance and sentimental reasons, I figured on going forward. Two years
ago, I bought the panels. Every time I got ready to cut the car, something came
up - mother in law with cancer, divorce, refinancing the house so I didn't have
to move. Anyway, I need to fix the car. It's a piece of junk, but I want to get
it on the road.
I am not restoring it, I want it sturdy and driveable. I plan on rattlecans for
paint. I own almost all of the parts needed, so the cost has been paid.
For those who have done significant panel replacement, do you have any
suggestions on how to proceed?