[Spridgets] 50th bash

Subject: [Spridgets] 50th bash
From: 72spridget at gmail.com (David Lieb)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:28:51 -0500
Trish and I made it safely home, too.
We had a great time, been though she missed out on the best track tour
of Road America I have ever done.

Theoretically, there was a 70MPH speed limit and we were not supposed
to pass in the corners, but I understand that "the loud car" and #49
managed to get the pace Corvette to speed up a bit. It really was
great to be out there with a mess of Spridgets; by the end of the
first lap we had strung out along a lot of the track and almost
everyone got to drive at whatever clip felt comfortable with open
track in front of them. There were a couple of mechanicals, but it was
great fun!

The autocross got off to a slightly rocky start due to problems with
the timing lights. We cut our losses and resorted to stopwatches and
the show was on. Four runs for those who wanted them and good
spectating, too.
David L