[Spridgets] Gunner's Newsletter

Subject: [Spridgets] Gunner's Newsletter
From: ladaniels at sbcglobal.net (Larry Daniels)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 06:56:16 -0500
      "Gunner's Garage with John Gunnell" - 1 new article

        1.. MG MIDGET IS 50 YEARS OLD
        2.. More Recent Articles
        3.. Search Gunner's Garage with John Gunnell
        4.. Prior Mailing Archive
      MG MIDGET IS 50 YEARS OLD
      The owner's manual for my MGTF calls it a " Midget," but to most people
the MG Midget first came out in 1961, which makes it 50 years old. That's
"young" for a car and the "Spridget" club I spoke to last Monday evening
reflects this. That term is a combination of Sprite and Midget, since the '61
Midget was a badge-engineered Austin-Healey Sprite. Both of these cars are
relatively inexpensive, which gives them special appeal to younger hobbyists.
Too bad we don't have more vintage cars that are cheap to buy and inexpensive
to operate, such as a Spridget. As I drive around I meet many young people who
never heard of an MG. So it's nice to know that those in the Spridget club
"get it." these are the perfect cars for entry level hobbyists and this no
dues/no meetings club is perfect for them.