[Spridgets] BAT BE Worth the $$$ ?

Subject: [Spridgets] BAT BE Worth the $$$ ?
From: haynes386 at netzero.net (Mark Haynes)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:18:34 GMT
Obviously, Rick, You weren't in Elkhart Lake. My '58 is just such a car. Last
registered in '88, sitting outside for 20 years before I rescued it, my paint
is terrible compared to the BAT bug (ask anyone at Elkhart, they'll tell
you-It won "Most likely to score LAST at Concours). But it runs and handles
like stink with the engine that I bought it with.
I agree that $7200+ is an exorbitant price- I picked mine up for $3k in 2008.
I jsut drive it like I stole it, and I'm fine with that.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

I know a lot of us have been watching the barn find bugeye  on eBay that was
featured on Bring A Trailer:  http://tinyurl.com/3p6c7wg  I'm not knocked
over
dead by this car as some of the commentators on BAT seem to be.  $7300 and
the
reserve hasn't been met?  If you wanted to do a concours build, it requires a
complete tear-down and virtually every part is going to need replacement or
refurbishment. If it's as solid as it looks, might be worth a small premium
in
money saved on body repair.  I respect the patina of a well maintained
vehicle, but this isn't one of them. It was last registered in 1988, so it
looks like it was used pretty hard for 30 yrs before being put away.  Would
anyone really be happy driving this rat around as is and brag about its
patina?  Have I been out of the market too long and this car is actually
worth
what it seems to be fetching?

Rick

Groupon&#8482 Official Site