Re: [Spridgets] Axing the axle

To: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>,andrewpayne@intrex.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Axing the axle
From: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 23:42:51 -0400
Yes, it's not really very difficult. Look at the parts and it becomes
rather obvious and simple.

However, I would support the body on jack stands and then support the
axle on jack stands while your removing all the attachment bolts. Use
your jack to lower the axle and slide it out on dollies or the jack
itself. Be careful. Be safe. The parts are heavy and unwieldy.

Bob

At 07:18 PM 8/2/2011, CosmicMag1380 wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Andrew Payne <andrewpayne@intrex.net> wrote:
>Every manual I have seems to show only removal of 1/4 elliptical, can
>someone tell me how to best pull the rear axle and suspension for
>floor replacement? I see dozens of ways, but I bet there is a quick
>and easy method.
>Flip the car on its side, prop it safely and tear into it! Take the
>spring plate bolts out (forward mounts) 4 each side, then the rear
>bolts (3 each side), disconnect the handbrake cable, lever shock
>links, brake hose and you're done!
>--
>Kent
>1960 Bugeye
>1983 Garage full of spridget parts!
>2010 Arrow shed full of excess spridget parts!!!

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums