Re: [Spridgets] I know this is boring but I need insurance

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] I know this is boring but I need insurance
From: Jay <jfishbein@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:36:27 -0700 (PDT)
Auto Insurance in the U.S. is regulated by the States, so your contract may
vary
from one state to another.

Grundy's website offers this statements:
Unlimited Mileage
"While participating in hobby-related events,  owners enjoy their collector
vehicle without monitoring the odometer.   Our policies do not have any mileage
restrictions, when the cars are  used for pleasure and hobby use."

What Qualifies
"As long as your vehicle holds collector status, is garage-kept and is not used
as your daily transportation, you may qualify."

Don't confuse Unlimited Mileage with unlimited use.

I would be mindful of the usage limitations on any of these policies. Generally
speaking, they are not designed as a substitute for standard auto insurance if
you using your car outside of the driving restrictions. Your concern should not
be whether they will cover damage to your car, the important question is
whether
you have coverage for a bodily injury claim for an accident that occurs on a
Tuesday at 2:00pm.

PS Regarding Progressive, I can't speak for other states but in the State of
CT,
Progressive writes Classic Car insurance through Hagerty.

jay

From: Heard Saxon <heard@datatrontech.net>

Grundy -  site doesn't say anything about limiting mileage.  In fact, it
goes out of the way to say the opposite.  Their rate was about half that at
$112/yr.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive