[Spridgets] Autocar June 2 1961 Announcing the birth of the MKII

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Autocar June 2 1961 Announcing the birth of the MKII
From: Seth Jones <sethamosjones@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:57:34 -0500
Includes an overview of the basic model, and a road test of the de
luxe model.  I also included exceprpts from the "news and views"
section which announced that the donald healey motor company wouldnt
be able to supercharge a MKII just yet even though elsewhere in the
same magazine a Shorrock ad was found that offered a MKII kit.  Also
in that same section was an announcement that BMC would now offer
seatbelt mounting points standard on every car they sell.  In the PDF
linked from the article below you will also find a report on the
Scottish rally where three sprites competed.  However the article
makes only passing mention of those cars so I haven't put it on the
webpage (if anyone thinks I should, then I might do that).

http://www.spridgetguru.com/SprteZineAds/Pages/1961.html

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive