[Spridgets] Torque wrench extension

Subject: [Spridgets] Torque wrench extension
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 23:14:48 -0400
> So if one has an extension as shown in the attached picture it doesn't
> change the accuracy of the reading?  I know little of these things but it
> seems there would be the torque of the extension to take into account,
> like torque sticks.

What the torque sticks do, and what your extension might do to some extent, is
to make the system a little less stiff and limit the force (torque) that
transfers through the system from an IMPACT WRENCH.  For static loads there is
no difference.  (There are lots of systems that behave differently when
carrying dynamic loads vs. static loads- and this applies to electrical
systems, mechanical systems, and plumbing systems.)

> I guess what I'm asking is if I'm torquing my wheel nuts with a 3"
> extension on my beam torque wrench then 85 ft-lbs indicated is 85 ft-lb
> actual?

Yes.