[Spridgets] (no subject)

Subject: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: johnsfolly at gmail.com (John Deikis)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:35:33 -0400
I just drilled out a box of spare axels to accommodate 7/16-inch studs. All
had the same numbers and the same "late axel" groove machined around the
spline end. But one of them was incredibly harder to drill out. In fact, it
was impossible with my regular bits, while the other 5 went like butter.
Obviously, some runs of "identical" axels had flanges, at least, that were a
lot harder then the norm.

Anyone else come across this...or have an explanation?

JohnD