[Spridgets] Tranny mount spacer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Tranny mount spacer
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 14:31:03 GMT
This is one for those of you who have worked with the later Spridgets- When I
went to install the replacement ribcase tranny in the MKII, it came without
the rear tranny mount, so I went to swap it from the old trans (also a
ribcase) and found a thin (1/4"?) spacer under the passengers side of the
trans where it mounts -between the tranny and the rubber mount. Since I
installed n Isuzu starter, and it was rather close to the footwell, I decided
to put it on the driver's side to gain a little clearance on the starter
(outsmarted myself again, methinks). So now, when in the higher gears, I get a
vibration on the passengers side of the tunnel around the shift tower,
especially under load.
The new tranny has the reverse light switch on it. Any idea if I can move the
spacer from one side to the other without having to pull the trans and engine
forward?
PS I'm still not happy with the engine in the MKII- no real pickup until >2500
R's, but its only got ~200 miles on it- time to change the oil and retune I
guess.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977