Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets at EuroFest

To: "spridgets_autox.team.net List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets at EuroFest
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:42:48 -0700
Jim,

Total news to me, but you are right Jim, I would never enter into any
such agreement and would have forwarded any request to you.

I have often found imagery from my web site on other sites, without
requested permission or credit, and it irks me to no end. I have even
found my images on CD's for sale. Some people think if it's "on the
Internet", it's OK for them to use and don't have the courtesy to even
ask.

If there is some content I want to use, that someone else has created,
I always ask permission first. Even tech tips listed in my site are
accredited to contributors.

Peter, you may have forgotten, but there is at least one there from you.
http://gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/CaliperSeals2.htm

Gerard

--- In midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@...> wrote:

 > Peter,
 >
 > There has been no such agreement that I know of. I will check with
Gerard
 > but doubt he would have done this. They also swiped the banner off
our
 > website though they do have a link to our site on the index page. I
might
 > think about overlooking this flagarant violation of intellectual
rights if
 > they had given us proper credit for the logos and had mentioned our
event
 > but now..........
 >
 > Hap Waldrop is involved with this event (or at least was).  I'll do
some
 > checking around.
 >
 > Cheers!
 > Jim
 >
 > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Peter Caldwell <nosimport@...>wrote:
 >
 > > **
 > >

 > > Ummm..... seems to be some logo pilfering unless the 50th committee
 > > and/or Gerard have given some blessing, of which I am unaware.
 > >
 > > Peter C
 > > --
 > >
 > > At 06:46 PM 9/22/2011, Miniac7@... wrote:
 > > >Are you folks aware that Spridgets will be sharing the spotlight
with
 > > >Jaguar this year as featured marque at this event?
 > > >
 > > >_http://www.euroautofestival.com/_ (http://www.euroautofestival.com/
)

 > > >Howard Collins
 > > >'60 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite