Re: [Spridgets] lets talk 1275's AND off-topic

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] lets talk 1275's AND off-topic
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:13:42 -0500
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com> wrote:
So I am putting in a more powerful motor into a 900lb. heavier car,
but I think it would still move the car, right ?  And no, I am not
thinking of a different motor like a 1,500cc MG, I am thinking 1275
because I have one.
The original 6 cylinder obviously builds a lot of torque in lieu of
HP. A stock 1275 has decent torque and should propel the car. If it
does not do it well enough, maybe you can swap the rear gears for a
lower ratio without much cost??? Morris Minor 5:38, etc.

The bottom line is:
You can put it on the street with what you have, you will not butcher
it, and, quite possibly by driving it run into someone who has
something similar and make a new friend. I have met many folks because
of what I was driving... I have also received notes under the wiper
about parts and cars for sale.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye