[Spridgets] brake problems

Subject: [Spridgets] brake problems
From: skemple at tidewater.net (Steven Kemple)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 11:18:28 -0400
Chuck

Given your response and where I am with the repairs, its time to ask the
direct question of the group.  Will a 3/4 brake master  not properly function
in an original all drum Bugeye.

I bounce between two homes one in Ohio and one in Maine on a fairly regular
basis (cars in Maine).  This makes it challenging at times to receive parts.
Because of time limitations I took the coward's way out and limped the Bugeye
to a British restoration shop about 3 towns north of us.

What was found was that indeed the Master Cylinder appears to be the problem.
It was sleeved and rebuilt but not recently as represented by the PO.  There
was a bit of rust in the bore and internal parts missing.  The shop owner had
the missing parts from an old unit and put in a rebuild kit.  Checked out the
entire system and still can't get solid brakes.  The master is going to a
rebuilder he uses.

Do I need to go back to a 7/8 bore Master Cylinder?

Steve Kemple

<spridgets at autox.team.net>