[Spridgets] Clutch hydraulics help please..

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Clutch hydraulics help please..
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 15:55:27 -0500
Hi all,

so, last year I installed the go fast engine.  Previous to last year I had
already installed a 5 speed conversion kit.  After the install the clutch
pedal was like a light switch, on or off.  Period.   So this year I decided to
go with a 3/4" master cylinder conversion setup.  I have the master and I have
a Riverside slave cylinder.

I have bench bled the master, I have bled and bled the slave, I have good
fluid throughout.  I have verified that both passages above the cylinder are
clear by passing small bit of wire into small hole and visually with larger
hole.

The problem is this:

If I push in on the master cylinder (Slave is at his pint hanging on the
outside of the car) slave cylinder piston will move outward.  If I then
release the pedal the slave piston is pulled backward into the cylinder.  It
seems to me that the fluid is moving in and out the clutch hydraulics but NOT
being replaced from the master reservoir.

But I could be wrong..

HAAAAALLLPPPP!!!!!!

Lester

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html