Re: [Spridgets] Are you a Cold War Vet? Or entitled to a medal?

To: Robert Evans <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Are you a Cold War Vet? Or entitled to a medal?
From: Dave KK7SS <kk7ss@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 06:47:47 +0000 (UTC)
Buster... I like that one. <g>
Our squadron tradition was that you hung a 360 day calender (bought in the
local book shop!) on your locker and blacked out each day as it passed. 1096
days on that squadron!!!
Quote: "Roll on Death - Demob is too far away!"
The W.O. would make you take it down for inspection, and then you hung it back
up as soon as he'd gone!
You didn't mess with tradition!

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000 - working on it :|
'65 Sprite - running :)
'76 Midget - co-owned with #4 Son :)
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid

----- "Robert Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yeah, but I'll bet my "short timers chain" was longer than yours.  It
> started with 684 paper clips, and each day I would dutifully removed
> one paper clip.   Needless to say, it gave the Chief I worked for
> apoplexy each time I performed the ceremony, complaining that I was
> not a good "haze grey and squared away" sailor!

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums