Re: [Spridgets] rebuilding brake calipers

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] rebuilding brake calipers
From: Allen Hefner <lbc77mg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:12:19 -0500
Yep.  The metal ring is flimsy and tends to bend if it isn't placed exactly
straight and even pressure applied.  I have a small piece of wood that fits
over it all and a well placed c-clamp squeezes it together slowly.
Practice, practice, practice.

 Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*
2006 Chebbie
*Former:*
1963 Sunbeam Alpine Series III
1967 Triumph TR4A IRS
1964 VW Type I
1967 VW Type II
1967 Rover 2000TC
1977 MG Midget

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 6:06 PM, <jwagaman1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Okay, . . .  rebuilding my brake calipers today for first time, all is
> going
> well, rubber seals going in fine, piston in fine then put the final rubber
> seal and metal retaining ring and I donb t know if it was me or what
> appeared
> to be IMHO cheap metal but I was unable to get them in without damaging
> them.
> Thankfully I did not ruin the old ones. They went in very well???
>
> Anyone else have this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html