[Spridgets] Not LBC.....Stitches the Cat may not need that collar I'm de

Subject: [Spridgets] Not LBC.....Stitches the Cat may not need that collar I'm designing : (
From: grunthaner at gmail.com (Linda Grunthaner)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 12:21:09 -0800
List,
There is definatly something to be said about second opinions. I have stuck
with my vet for over 20 years now but wanting a cat only vet for a very
long time and I drive past one every day between my home and work. Last
year I was dealing with BB's (black cat) illness as you all know my vet was
on vacation (2 months) in which she had fill-in vets at his office, after
her teeth were pulled she only ate for a few days. The fill-in referred me
to the UBER expensive animal hospital and I had to put her down anyway
after 10K. It was a learning experience as I never had to put a pet down or
spend 10k on a pet.

Stitches the Cat who as you may recall a year ago was lost for 5 weeks
without thyroid meds and almost died But Stitches has lost her appetite and
getting thin. I thought it was because Sprite Kitty chases her and I'm in
the process of designing a duel cat collar to stop that which I'll still
design as our class project in design.

Again the vet is on vacation for 2 months now, nice fill-in vets but I
should have been concerned because they didn't weigh Stitches, but the good
news was she had a rotting tooth and they extracted it and said her
congestion was from the inflamation. But she still isn't eating much,
barely actually. Of course no follow up visit after surgery. I complained
Stitches was still sounding like she had a bad sinus cold, they gave me
antibiotics, and pills to stimulate eating. Note they knew the enlargement
on her neck was still there.

Last night Stitches slept with her nose "in" my ear. She was trying to tell
me she was getting worse and it was harder to breath, she sounded wheezy. I
finally went to that Feline Medical Center I wanted to use this morning
thinking this was it I have to put her down today and the vet said the
enlargement on her neck is pressing her treacha. I was prepared to put her
down today but I agreed on using the meds given to reduce the swelling and
improve her breathing and stimulate eating. I am grateful I got the second
opinion even if I have to put Stitches down. She is a great kitty who
really loves me (clings to me ever since found last year), but I don't want
her to suffer. They said use the predisone for 1 to 2 weeks but call with
an update during the week. If she isn't any better I'll put her down next
week. I'll do as I have done with her buddy BB and hold her till she is
gone : (

As sad as today was it was a good and somewhat hopeful day as I have wanted
to switch vets for years. Staying positive but prepared.

Lin