Re: [Spridgets] Cobra supercar driver Peter Tryce survives 130mph

To: Greg Higgins <higgs6@cogeco.ca>, "spridgets@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Cobra supercar driver Peter Tryce survives 130mph
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:15:05 -0800 (PST)
Greg,
Happy to say I'm not one of those who's ridden out a 130+
mph customization process. I've been in a couple of rather exciting ones at
over half that speed, though.

This is EXACTLY the reason I have installed
good belts and a roll bar in every convertible I've ever owned (as well as the
occasional coupe). I doubt I'll ever be in a crash from that speed nowadays,
but I'd still rather walk away cursing my dumb ass for hitting that last
apex wrong or missing that last braking point than to have my silly skull
crushed in the process of learning the lesson.

Thanks for sharing. It's a
good lesson - in my case, to reaffirm I've not been wasting my money when I do
the upgrades, and maybe for some of you to reconsider the fact you've not done
them!

David Booker
Long Island
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2089839/Cobra-supercar-driver-Peter-T
ryce-survives-130mph-crash-Willow-Springs-racetrack.html

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive