Re: [Spridgets] Cobra supercar driver Peter Tryce survives 130mph

To: healeyrick@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, higgs6@cogeco.ca
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Cobra supercar driver Peter Tryce survives 130mph
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:45:28 -0500 (EST)
Interesting.

In the UK wrist restraints are only mandatory in some series (Caterham 7s)
and for open cars drag racing including run what ya brung (rope is usually
used  for the latter).

I didn't like the look of the hoop though it does appear intact after the
accident.  It did seem the drivers head with helmet was higher than the
hoop.  In the UK no hoop or bar required for track days as far as I know  and
exemptions in racing if your car is old enough (Frogeyes are old enough
though a lot of series have a reg that overrides the national reg to make them
have one).

I fasten my passenger harness so it looks tidy - now there's a better
reason - thanks for that.

Yep I didn't like the look of the harness bar on the hoop - forget to check
 to see how well it survived.

Corner worker (Marshall) is much less capable than race day stuff and I'll
bet a track day doesn't require a doctor to be on duty either.  I guess
that fact alone makes a trck day more dangerous than a race day.

Weslake-Monza 1330