[Spridgets] Loss of Clutch

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Loss of Clutch
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:05:43 -0800
Typically the loss of my clutch has been attributed to a crunched throw out
bearing.  This time, with the engine and gear box out of the car, and the t
bearing in good condition I found the slave cyl had moved off the top
mounting stud about a quarter inch.  I installed it last time with a stud
for the top, instead of a bolt head and the bottom bolt so that it would be
easier to remove.  I am guessing that the movement of the slave cyl off the
top stud might have been the reason that I lost the clutch ..  although it
would not seem so as the slave was only canted at a slight angle?

I guess this next time up I will go back to using two bolts and forget
about using the top bolt with the bolt head cut off as a mounting stud.

Kirk

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75