[Spridgets] Bugeye for sale on Long Island

Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye for sale on Long Island
From: tncarnut1 at yahoo.com (David Booker)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:24:48 -0800 (PST)
First the small print: I have no financial interest in the selling of this
car...

My friend Dave Blackwell is selling his '61 Bugeye. Yes, I know that
'61 is not considered a Bugeye year, but you all also know that a new car back
then was often registered as the year it was sold in, not necessarily when it
was built. So yes, it is a real Bugeye and the title does say 1961.

I saw it
yesterday in the shed where it is stored. The body is in great shape, not a
concours winner, but a great driver. I did not see any rust anywhere.
Suspension is really nice too. Car has a good paint job on it (yellow). There
is a brand new set of minilites mounted with what I believe are zero-mile
tires. The tires aren't brand new, but are unused. There's also a brand new
top never installed. It has the original 848 engine and smooth case tranny in
it. Car comes with a spare ribcase tranny. Upgraded to Midget Discs and
late-model Master cylinders with new hoses, etc. Car is complete and engine
turns freely, but has not been started in a while, so probably needs going
thru. An excellent start on a really nice car. Frank could probably have had
it on the road in a weekend.

Dave wants $6,000 for the whole lot.

If you
want, he'll throw in a Datsun 5 speed tranny for an extra $500. If somebody
wants the tranny without the car, it is $750. That's the only thing he'll sell
separately from the car. Lots of spares and extra bits go along for the ride.

Contact Dave at his house: (631)475-2889, or his cell number: (631)576-9345.

Somebody grab it up quick - this is a good one.

David Booker
Long Island