Re: [Spridgets] Sprites racing in UK video

To: grunthaner@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sprites racing in UK video
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 05:30:24 -0500 (EST)
Nice film except you don't get much sense of just how steep the hill is in
places which makes the cars look slow.

The average gradient is 1in9 but the steepest part is 1in6.  Its a  1000
yard length over which the total climb is 328 feet.

I'd imagine most listers couldn't walk close to half way up without
stopping to catch their breath.

You'll see that at least one big healey has no roll bar or roll cage -
madness in my opinion but the age of the car gives it an exemption.  You'll
find other clips on you tube of diverse accidents at Shelsley but not one of
one  I saw where I vintage car got a launch of the grass banking and was 10
if not 15  feet high in the air.

Weslake-Monza1330